6.18.2013

Garden delight

Last week I went on a cleaning rampage...in preparation for my weekend yard sale, I was busy pulling out everything that was old/tired/no longer used...and that extended to the outside as well as the inside...

The cobalt blue metal industrial cart that I had been using as a garden gathering spot had rusted through...and the top shelf was no longer strong enough to hold any thing of substantive weight...so out it went...but what to put in its place...

As you well know, I wasn't going to purchase anything...instead I looked around the yard, the basement, the studio...

and success!
 
The foundation of the display is a heavy industrial steel frame on huge metal casters...picked up for free...its going to be a future coffee table/ottoman...
on top are some whitewashed boards...with my 75cent schoolroom chair, keeping my watering can close at hand...a metal grid container laid on its side corrals a couple of pots down below and my bucket of garden tools on top...
I found these charming plastic birds at an estate sale years ago...they might have been in the free pile since they have their share of nicks and breaks...but I love their expressions...






























































As I was gathering up materials, I realized that I had quite the collection of rake heads...an "art installation" seemed appropriate...





























The June weather here in the Northwest has been phenomenal...June is usually so cold and wet...this year there's been plenty of sun...the flowers are going crazy...

and now I have a new spot in the garden...that gives me such delight...

edited with three layers of kk texture 1402










































































linking up to Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday...
always a delight to see what others have to share...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails