1.22.2013

Journals, take #2

Sometimes I find that when I get going on a project, its tough to stop...

Last week, back to cleaning out the basement (I know, you must be thinking...this is either a really messy basement or a really big basement since this cleaning never seems to stop...believe me, its both!)  Came across a box of three-ringed binders...courtesy of the Southern Man (who is a retired judge)...how many binders does one need (especially if you are through with that work thing!)  but interspersed among the plastic and vinyl binders were five old waxed cardboard legal binders...those I rescued...

Since they are already bound with book binding tape...with paper fasteners attached...
and all setup for 8-1/2"x11" paper, all I do is add a little finesse and make them into






































Each cover design is a combination of one of my vintage art cards mounted on a scrap piece of Midori paper...
with a little embellishment underneath...
 
Just as I did for the garden journals I made, I used recycled papers, again bound together with the paper fastener which makes swapping out pages so easy...a sheet of patterned wallpaper is the cover page...and a library card pocket is glued on the front inside cover.
 
Now that I've given you the idea...
why don't you see if you can find some of these old binders and make a journal of your own...
would love to see what you come up with...
 
FYI...since I'm getting so many comments with "noreplyblogger" as the email address...which prevents me from responding to your comment directly, I will be leaving my reply underneath your comment here on the blog if there is no email address activated with your profile...I want you to know that I read every comment and appreciate your support...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails