10.05.2011

Appreciating autumn

It is early October...the weather here turned quickly (not that it was all that hot to begin with...)
I've put away the summer clothes, got out the wool sweaters but haven't turned on the furnace...yet.

But already everyone is rushing ahead to "the Holidays"...what's the hurry...they will be here soon enough...
I want to stop and appreciate the present moment...

the last of the sunflowers in the garden...
a forlorn snail shell discovered in the brush...
the brilliant hues of falling leaves...
In celebration of the autumn season, I want to share one of my two copies of the new magazine FOLK
The September/October is just out and is filled with fall images/scenes/ideas/projects custom made for this time of year...


So leave me a comment with your favorite thing about October...and I'll randomly pick one of the comments to receive the current copy of FOLK...drawing to be held on Wednesday, October 12.  If your email is not part of your blogger profile, be sure to include your email as part of your comment so I can contact you if you are the winner...

Now get outside, gather up some fall leaves and feel the wind blow through your hair...the holidays can wait!

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails