3.24.2011

Spring green

Do you notice how the first green that appears in spring is so crisp and vibrant?  Or maybe it just looks that way since it has been so gray and drab for many months that any hint of color stands out!  What I like best about spring blooming...fresh flowers in the house that I can cut from my own yard.












































Hellebores are one of my sister's favorite flowers - she planted quite a few in my garden...they are one of the first flowers to bloom in late winter/early spring, thus their alias name of Lenten Rose.  They are in the back of the garden (in the shade) so I can barely see them from my kitchen window...thought it would be better to cut a few for the house so I could appreciate their striking color combos up close.

Daffodils are always a shot of sunshine yellow-
they communicate instant spring!
I'm submitting two final photos for the Color Inspiration Series at Kim Klassen's Inspiration Studio blog - the series winds up on March 27...visit her site and see all the color for yourself!

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails